I am a technologist, I do code, Systems Administration, database debugging, and am always thinking of new ways to do things. One of the best perks of being a technologist is that I get to be lazy, and because I am lazy I am prone to think of easy, fast and efficient ways to get the job done, I will sometimes obsess over ways to automate the most superficial tasks and to improve those processes that I will take almost the time it would've taken me to do the task itself, with the advantage that next time I would finish in a fraction of the time.
- Linux Administration
- Windows Administration
- Server Configurations
- PHP/HTML/CSS/JS Coding
- Slight Node.js, Python and Ruby coding
- Server deployment automation (using chef, puppet, custom scripts, etc.)
- Virtual environment automation and creation (Vagrant, VirtualBox, Xen, Docker, etc.)
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- AWS Services administration
- Among others
These are some of the places where I've worked at and what I've done there.
Systems and Network Administrator
2015-01-09 - 2015-08-15
- Providing support for all the IT services to the office clients locally and remotely.
- Hardware and software installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and inventory management.
- Maintaining and servicing computers, networks ,printers ,scanners and other computer peripherals.
- Upgrading Hardware/Software
- Diagnosing Problems and repairing or replacing malfunctions parts.
- Managing IT stock (Desktops/Laptops/Screens/Keyboards/mouse/Docking stations/Toners etc)
- Documenting and making reports.
- Liaising with 3rd parties where necessary.
- Conducting training for users, in some instances.
- Firewall Management.
- Wifi Router and access point management.
- Windows Servers and VM management.
- Managing email services such as email accounts, groups and office 365 subscriptions.
- Managing phone system, including creating users, extensions, permissions, voicemail, etc.
- Keep track of the hardware and software necessities of the office employees and purchase the necessary equipment/software.
Caliente Interactive is a place base of customers, created from the union of Playtech and Caliente Online Division we can summarize our mission in two words: "Creating Winners". Caliente Interactive provides online gaming of the highest caliber created in a positive environment.
2014-06-15 - 2014-09-15
- Manual and automatic testing.
- Test environment setup, which includes setting up a VM, configuring pre-requisites, installing software components, etc.
- Testing on Windows, Linux, Mac, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris.
- Creating reports of test results.
Tiempo offers a unique and very successful combination of a nearshore business model, agile methodology, deep expertise, and advanced talent management.
@Sonata Services de México
2013-09-01 - 2014-01-30
- Monitoring and maintaining different application infrastructures.
- Configuring application infrastructures, this includes web servers, DB servers, DNS routing and access control.
- Automating the creation of new servers and linking services.
- Troubleshooting issues with the automation.
- Creating scripts for software deployment automatically.
Sonata Services is an IT services provider specialized in helping our global clients get the most out of the human and monetary resources.
Application Management Engineer
2013-02-11 - 2013-11-30
- Monitoring and maintaining the client's many applications.
- Monitoring and managing Windows, Solaris and Linux servers.
- Backend support for all the applications.
- Database management and support.
- Process improving by designing test cases amd suggesting changes to scripts, database jobs, packages and stored procedures.
- Creating reports.
Softtek is a global provider of process-driven IT solutions with more than 30 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. With 12 Global Delivery Centers in the US, Mexico, China, Brazil, Argentina, Spain and India, Softtek helps improve time-to-business-solution, lower costs of existing applications, deliver better engineered and tested applications, and produce predictable outcomes for top-tier corporations in over 20 countries.
SQA Agent and Network Manager
2011-01-10 - 2012-07-20
- Making tests to several web-based systems that involved testing specific functions and overall testing of the application and the different modules that it is made of.
- Creating reports based on the testing results.
- Creating test cases based on customer's requirements.
- Monitoring and maintaining the company's network, authorizing and monitoring access to several users to the company servers as well as their services.
- Ensuring that the network is always working and that no connectivity problems arise.
- Monitoring and maintaining the work stations of the employees.
- Setting up new working stations and removing old ones.
- Monitoring and maintaining the company's several servers.
- Creating test environments on the servers for other developers.
- Implemented a virtualization solution to create testing servers on demand.
ArteDigital is an organization providing nearshore Software, WEB and Mobile development services from Mexico. Our goal is to provide a superior alternative to overseas outsourcing.
@Grupo Domain Gurus
2008-04-10 - 2008-08-25
- Provide technical support over the phone and via email to customers with a dedicated server from the company or hosted on shared servers.
- Help customers with problems dealing with their servers and/or notifying them of possible issues with them.
- Scripting and automating tasks that required monitoring on the servers.
Grupo Domain Gurus were a company dedicated to resell and provide support for dedicated servers and web services.